.

Monday, February 4, 2019

College Admissions Essay - Selling Your Disability :: College Admissions Essays

marketing Your Disability to the Admissions Office   My father was an alcoholic, and I did anything I could to stay outdoor(a) from home. I chose that college because it was the farthest away. But I hated it there, and didnt do genuinely well. Then I began to worry that Id flunk out and have to go home, and of course my grades just got worse.                                                                       My m separate was a drug addict. She did everything a nearone might do to get money for drugs. Often we didnt have provender in the house if there wasnt money for some(prenominal), drugs came first. I ran away when I was sixteen, and never even finished high school. They figured that out in my third year of college, and made me take an equivalency test.                                                                      When my girlfriend got pregnant, we decided to glide by the baby. I had to work two jobs to support us, three during the summer. So my grades arent so hot.             They found out I had bone cancer in my of age(p) year of high school I hurt my knee performing basketball, and it wouldnt heal. Ive had six operations in six years, along with the chem other(a)apy. But it didnt intermeddle with my studies what else could I do in the hospital anyway?   Each of these cases was presented to me by my clients in the last few years. These clie nts all had two important things in common. The first is that they overcame incredible obstacles which would have completely demoralized many other people. The second is that, in every single case, the client was embarrassed by these events, and wanted to hide them.   Why should I talk about my problems?   Lets whole step back into the admissions office for a minute. The faculty committee is reviewing the files of two applicants. twain have a 3.0 g.p.a. and a 155 LSAT score. Theyre the same age and race, and both went to local colleges. But one is in good health, while the other has suffered from a lifelong kidney disease. They only have one seat left. Which applicant should they admit? They could toss a coin. Or they could decide that, in some cosmic sense, the person with kidney disease deserves the seat.   Now what if youre that person, but dont want to prove the law school about the kidney disease, because you dont want to sound like youre inquire for favors?

No comments:

Post a Comment